Community foundation awards scholarships
CONCORDIA, Kan.— The Community Foundation for Cloud County has awarded over $22,000 in scholarships to area students for the upcoming academic year.
- The Carl Cunningham Rotary Scholarship is for seniors graduating from Concordia High School. Abby Fredrickson and Cole Stahlman, both of Concordia, and Kendall Reynolds, Scandia, each received a $300 scholarship. Terin Rundus, Concordia, received a $280 scholarship.
- The Carol Puckett Memorial Scholarship is for for graduates of a Cloud County high school pursuing an education major. Delaney Trost, Concordia, received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The CF Sunshine Scholarship is for seniors graduating from or graduates of a Cloud County or Washington County high school majoring in a medical, education or recognized trade field. Alyssa Jensen, Washington, Marlee Hammond, Clyde, Shailyn Zenger, Washington, and Faith Beikman, Linn, each received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The Gertrude Whitebread Scholarship is for seniors graduating from Concordia High School planning to attend Kansas State University. Cole Stahlman and Terin Rundus, both of Concordia, each received a $1,500 scholarship. Macy McMillan, Concordia, received a renewed $1,500 scholarship.
- The Irene Saulnier Scholarship is for graduates from a Cloud County High School currently attending, or planning to attend, a Kansas accredited post-secondary school, or a recognizable technical or vocational trade school. Tyson Roush, Concordia, received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The Pauline and Richard A. Cook Family Scholarship is for North-Central Kansas college sophomores attending Cloud County Community College, Fort Hays State University, Kansas State University or the University of Kansas. Rope Dorman, Madelyn Meyer, Lake Winter, Paul Rundus, Roylynn Madden, and Alex Kaufmann, all of Concordia, each received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The Wayne and Alberta Neel Scholarship is for college sophomores or above who are graduates of a Cloud County high school. Elizabeth Duvall, Concordia, Macy McMillan, Concordia, Logan Cool, Glasco, and Jacob Rosenbaum, Concordia, each received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The Wendy Ann Koch Memorial Scholarship is for graduating seniors from Clifton-Clyde High School. Laken Rudolph, Clyde, received a $500 scholarship.
The foundation is home to eight scholarship funds, which were established by area donors to support students pursuing higher education. More information about the scholarship program can be found at www.communityfoundationforcloudcounty.org/scholarships