CONCORDIA, Kan.— The Community Foundation for Cloud County has awarded over $26,000 in scholarships to area students for the upcoming academic year.
- The Carl Cunningham Rotary Scholarship is for seniors graduating from Concordia High School. Cav Carlgren, Scandia, and Riley McMillan, Concordia, each received a $750 scholarship. Isaiah Steffen, Concordia, received a $300 scholarship.
- The Carol Puckett Memorial Scholarship is for for graduates of a Cloud County high school pursuing an education major. Madelyn Meyer, Concordia, received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The CF Sunshine Scholarship is for seniors graduating from or graduates of a Cloud County or Washington County high school majoring in a medical, education or recognized trade field. Nathan Brown, Taley Murdock, and Elizabeth Duvall, all of Concordia, Hunter Blackwood, Clyde, and Riley Dusin, Washington, each received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The Cloud Ceramics Masonry Scholarship is for students attending a post-secondary masonry or building trades program at a vo-tech, technical college or community college. Logan Keller, Russell, received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The Gertrude Whitebread Scholarship is for seniors graduating from Concordia High School planning to attend Kansas State University. Rheagan Bethune and Juana Ayala, both of Concordia, each received a $1,500 scholarship. Cole Stahlman and Terin Rundus, both of Concordia, received a renewed $1,500 scholarship.
- The Irene Saulnier Scholarship is for graduates from a Cloud County High School currently attending, or planning to attend, a Kansas accredited post-secondary school, or a recognizable technical or vocational trade school. Sydnie Bowser, Clifton, received a $1,000 scholarship.
- The Pauline and Richard A. Cook Family Scholarship is for North-Central Kansas college sophomores attending Cloud County Community College, Fort Hays State University, Kansas State University or the University of Kansas. Ciara Kearn, Hailey Budke, Madelyn Meyer, and Nicholas Vignery, all of Concordia, each received a $1,500 scholarship.
- The Wayne and Alberta Neel Scholarship is for college sophomores or above who are graduates of a Cloud County high school. Ivon Owen and Macy McMillan, both of Concordia, each received a $2,000 scholarship.
- The Wendy Ann Koch Memorial Scholarship is for graduating seniors from Clifton-Clyde High School. Joshua Skocny, Clyde, received a $500 scholarship.
The foundation is home to nine scholarship funds, which were established by area donors to support students pursuing higher education. More information about the scholarship program can be found at www.communityfoundationforcloudcounty.org/scholarships.