CONCORDIA, Kan.―The Community Foundation for Cloud County is now accepting scholarship applications for the 2022-2023 school year. The following nine scholarship funds are available to students in the Cloud County area:
- C. Carl Cunningham Rotary Scholarship, for graduating Concordia High School seniors.
- Carol Puckett Memorial Scholarship, for graduates of a Cloud County high school pursuing a major in education.
- CF Sunshine Scholarship, for graduating high school seniors or graduates from Cloud County or Washington County who are pursuing the medical or education field, or plan to attend a recognized trade school.
- Cloud Ceramics Masonry Scholarship, for graduating high school seniors or graduates currently enrolled in a post-secondary masonry or building trades program in Kansas.
- Gertrude Whitebread Scholarship, for graduating Concordia High School seniors attending Kansas State University.
- Irene Saulnier Scholarship, for graduates of a Cloud County High School attending a Kansas accredited post-secondary school or first year vocational trade school.
- Pauline and Richard A. Cook Family Scholarship, for a north-central Kansas sophomore in college attending Cloud County Community College, Fort Hays State University, Kansas State University, or the University of Kansas.
- Wayne and Alberta Neel Scholarship, for college sophomores or above who are graduates of a Cloud County high school.
- Wendy Ann Koch Memorial Scholarship, for graduating Clifton-Clyde High School seniors.
All scholarship applications must be submitted through the foundation’s online scholarship portal by February 15, 2022. Scholarships will be awarded by mid-April. The application portal and scholarship guidelines can be found at www.communityfoundationforcloudcounty.org/scholarships.
Last year, the community foundation awarded over $22,000 in scholarships to area students. For more information, please contact Natalie Wood, Grants and Scholarships Coordinator, at 785-823-1800.